[email protected] Launch Event: GDPR Enforcement in the post Schrems II era
Join the first [email protected] event “GDPR Enforcement in the post Schrems II era”
On 12 November, join the first [email protected] event “GDPR Enforcement in the post Schrems II era” for a multi-perspective panel discussion to better understand the impact of the decision of the Court of Justice of the European Union in the Schrems II case and how GDPR enforcement will be shaped. The discussion will explore the following questions, in particular:
- How are companies making sense of the Schrems II decision?
- What are the implications of the CJEU judgment for individuals?
- Is the 'One Stop Shop' mechanism still working? What’s next?
- How can EU supervisory authorities collaborate to ensure an effective and balanced enforcement?
The panel will feature:
- Dr. Andrea Jelinek, Chair, European Data Protection Board, Head of the Austrian Data Protection Authority
- Rosalba Striani, Policy Officer, European Commission, DG Justice, International Data Flows & Protection unit
- Ursula Pachl, Deputy Director General, BEUC – The European Consumer Organisation
- Claire François, Counsel, Hunton Andrews Kurth
- Nathalie Laneret, Director, the Centre for Information Policy Leadership (moderator)
WHEN: 15:30-16:30 CET / 9:30-10:30 ET
HOW: The event will take place using Zoom.
The event is free of charge and open to everyone interested, regardless of gender. Advanced registration is required. Registered attendees will receive a link to join the event in advance.