[email protected] Talk: Competition and Trade Law - Blurring Demarcation Lines
Join [email protected] Talk COMPETITION AND TRADE LAW: BLURRING DEMARCATION LINES
[email protected] and Women in Trade invite you to hear from two panels:
- New facets of protectionism: challenges or tools for regulators? beneficial or detrimental for industry?
- Competition clauses in trade agreements: aims, uses (or abuses?) and effectiveness
Speakers will discuss the current status and implications of the European Commission's proposal for a framework to screen foreign direct investments, its use of power to block state measures that adversely affect mergers, State aid and liberalisation.
The discussion will also explore competition clauses in trade agreements - whether and how such clauses could directly affect industry, such as potential consequences on the territorial application of EU Competition law.
[email protected] – a platform for women competition professionals.
Women in Trade – a network for women trade professionals.
Join this event to hear from:
- Maria Martin-Prat, Director, Directorate B, DG Trade, European Commission
- Penny Naas, Vice-President and Managing Director for International Public Affairs, UPS
- Anna Jarosz-Friis, Head of Unit (State aid), Directorate B, DG Competition, European Commission
- Katharina Bongs, Counsel, Van Bael & Bellis
- Luisa Santos, International Relations Director, BusinessEurope
- Tiina Pitkanen, Senior Expert, DG Trade, European Commission
- Elisabetta Righini, Counsel, Latham & Watkins
- Agnieszka Sobiecka-Kuik, Legal service, European Commission
- Eva Valle, Team Leader, Bilateral relations with China, Directorate C, DG Trade, European Commission
- Raluca Marian, Senior Adviser, Passenger transport, International Road Union (IRU)
- Sophie Moonen, Head of unit, DG Competition, European Commission
- Susan Danger, CEO, AmCham EU
WHEN: 6 June, 14.30 – 17.00
WHERE: AmCham EU office, Kunstlaan 53, 1000 Brussels
The event, hosted by AmCham EU, is open to everyone interested, regardless of gender.